Benefits of Massage
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues. Bodywork can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
Burn Scar Massage Therapy– Coming Soon!
Chair Massage– Need a quick recharge from a hard day but don’t have much time? This is the perfect solution for you to help relax and recover sore and tired muscles. (5-25 minutes)
Deep Muscle/Neuro-Muscular– Can release chronic patterns of tension in the deeper layers of muscle tissue through slow deep strokes and deep finger pressure on the contracted areas. For muscle spasms, circulation, and motion. (60-120 minutes)
Geriatric- Designed to address the needs of the elderly population. This type of massage uses gentle and light application of massage techniques and can include some passive stretching and very light oil or lotion to help reduce friction to the skin. This massage can be helpful for maintenance and improving overall health and helps to relieve anxiety and provide comfort. (30 minutes)
Prenatal- Tailored specifically to the needs of changing body. Helps to minimize stress, promote relaxation, and help with lower back and hip pain. (60-120 minutes)
Sports– “Pre- or Post- Activity massage”. Pre-activity uses of dynamic stretching for a full range of motion. Post-activity focuses on recover with long strokes to flush out soreness in muscles and joints. (60-120 minutes)
Swedish– “Relaxing massage”. Light to firm pressure with a range of long, smooth strokes and combination of kneading and friction with active or passive movements of the joints. (60-120 minutes)
Targeted Treatments– Compressed table sessions that deliver optimal results for your health and wellness. Choose upper body release for neck and upper extremities or lower body relief for tension in the lower legs and feet. (30 minutes)
*Additional rates apply to all outcall services based on the distance of travel: 5% of the total cost of session for every 5 miles (straight line distance) traveled. Some modalities and enhancements may require a minimum session time frame to be purchased. Appointments for Mondays will incur a $20.00 fee in addition to the price of treatments requested. Please contact me for details.